Thursday, May 23, 2024

[Homebrew] Fighter House Rules

 

This picture goes incredibly hard, feel free to screenshot.
    Since the standard B/X fighter is fairly lacking in terms of abilities compared to his peers I wanted to add some rules that would benefit the class.  I really like the idea from OD&D and AD&D 1e where the fighter gains multiple attacks against 1HD monsters and although I was tempted to stop there, part of me still wanted to add something extra to the class.  In OD&D, fighters gain a few other abilities that deal with morale which I think add a lot of mechanical benefit to the class as well as a bit of flavor.  If fighters, upon reaching a certain level, automatically gain morale and loyalty bonuses or they immediately cause fear in the hearts of their enemies then it really cements the idea that fighters are great leaders in battle as well as excelling at crowd control.  This reminds me of how Holger from Three Hearts and Three Lions, Aragorn from LOTR, and Conan the Barbarian were able to inspire the men around them and lay waste to their foes.  So, if you are interested in checking out these house rules, they can be found below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

[Session Report 7 - 9/1/24] The Cave of the Owlbear

The party surrounds an owlbear.      This was another shorter session with my cousin.  His party had heard some rumors from the local town g...